Last weekend was a big weekend for advertising in Alberta. With Calgary’s Ad Rodeo Anvil Awards on Friday, and Edmonton’s ACE Awards on Saturday, our dapper ZGM teams set out for a night on the town in hopes of taking home some hardware. Now that we’ve had a chance to recover, here’s a breakdown of how our teams did:
Anvil Awards Recap
In Calgary, the evening featured a brand new format and a ZGM-created theme around Art & Science. ZGM and Ad Rodeo President, Dan King, introduced the night – setting the audience up for the changes to the various categories, judging format and the board’s new mandate that celebrates both the craft and strategic sides of our business. In total, ZGM Calgary took home six coveted Anvil Awards for:
- Cross-Platform Experience – CUPS 2012/13 Annual Report
- Event Packaging – Lace up for Love
- Microsite – CUPS 2012/13 Annual Report
- Microsite – Drop In Centre’s Homelessness Has 1,000 Voices
- Poster Single – Market Mall’s Sticky Fingers
- Radio Single/Series – Drop In Centre’s Homelessness Has 1,000 Voices
Our team also snagged a merit for the CUPS 2012/13 Annual Report.
ACE Awards Recap
In Edmonton, agencies went
head-to-head glove-to-glove to see who packed the most punches in a boxing-themed event. We’re pleased to announce that our team took home Best Annual Report for their work on Fort McMurray’s – Let’s Fly 2012/13 annual.
Congrats to all of the winners in both Calgary and Edmonton. Be sure to check out some of the pictures from the weekend on our Facebook page!